Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
· Maintenance Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting, installation, repair, fabrication, and preventative maintenance tasks on extrusion press and related equipment.
· Experience with mechanical presses, press brakes, hydraulics is a plus.
· Position requires being on your feet all day and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· 80% machine repair and maintenance; 20% building repair and maintenance.
· Must have 1+ years of repair experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical components.
· Ability to use precision measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers.
· Electrical skills required for installing and troubleshooting various systems.
· Current experience with mechanical extrusion presses, brake presses, cranes, and lift trucks.
· Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
· Knowledge of all MIOAHS AND OSHA Standards.
· Ability to work in extreme heat and dirty conditions.
· Experience identifying components from parts breakdowns.
· Ability to troubleshoot power transmission components, bearings, belts, cams, etc
· Familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics with ability to read and understand.
· Schematics and do basic calculations to specify components.
· Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
· Ability to use electrical troubleshooting skills to include a multi-meter, megger tester, amp meter, etc
· Ability to read and understand ladder logic for troubleshooting programmable logic controllers.
· Familiar with spare parts inventory control systems.
· Ability to work well with others is a must/ Minimum Requirements: 1.
· Valid Driver's License.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· Must be able to occasionally lift 75 pounds.
· Must be able to work at heights.
· Must have own tools.
· Demonstrated proficiency in facility maintenance, and machine repair.